Monday, July 16, 2007

So what is God saying to you?

Jesus said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4).

You live today by the word you receive today. You can't live on yesterday's manna.

The above quote is from Kathie Walters, and it is as if she were reading my mind. Not that I thought something so great to write, but the fact that I cannot feed on the old. Gods timing is perfect, and the things He used in the past worked in the past because He intended them to be for that moment and time in history. And today, He has something new to say, and tomorrow. Not that He has changed, because He never does, He is ALWAYS the same. He just wants us to rely on Him for our day, our life, our choices. So if we look to the past, we can learn, but we cannot assume that what we did then will work for today. We cannot rely on past ways and thinking. We can only rely on Him.

That's also why we need to read the bible, everyday. Because it is God's word, it is God's word today. Something that you have read before, may jump out in a new way today, because it is what God is saying for today. Same God, same words, just FRESH manna for today.

God, we need your fresh manna for today! I will choose to listen to what You are saying today because I love you and I trust You!

I just learned today that God wrote this 7 times in Revelations. “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what He is saying to the churches.” Revelations 3:22 Wow . . . The number seven means "complete". We, the believers in Christ, are the church. I know when I tell my children something even twice, I must really want them to do it. Seven times . . . I think I better listen.

No comments: