Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's in a name?

As a family, and in homeschool, we are studying the names of God. I have been changed as I come face to face daily with knowing that God IS who He says He is. Today we learned about Jehovah-Ahavah, "God Is Love".

"It is God’s nature to love (1 John 4:16). He keeps His covenant of love for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments (Deuteronomy 7:9). In Love, God reveals Himself to us and seeks fellowship with us. Love is a basic attribute of God’s nature. He is the perfect expression of true love.
In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His Presence saved them; in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them and carried them all the days of old.” Isaiah 63:9 "

from the book 'I AM: Inheriting the Fullness of God's Names' by John Paul Jackson



Knowing that God is the perfect expression of true love; then I believe You God, Jehovah-Ahavah, and I ask You today to come and ravish my heart with Your passionate love. Replace my heart with Your heart, so I may love like You love. Replace my eyes with Your eyes, Jesus, so I can see others as You do.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return. ~ From "Unforgettable with Love" by Natalie Cole

No comments: