Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Increase my faith . . .

Last night I had the privilege of attending a Lamaze class with a single friend of mine who is having a baby in June. That's me, the labor coach. It is our third class, and last night we watched the birthing video. I am so overwhelmed and amazed all over again at how wonderful our Creator is. He designed everything so perfectly . . . birth IS a miracle. And then I am left wondering with all the whys? Why God do you allow some people to have children, and leave some women barren? Why God do you allow children to be born in severe poverty, and leave well-to-do families childless? Why God does thing called abortion exist when there are endless numbers of couples waiting with open arms for a child to love? Why God . . . my mind cannot understand. Today Lord, my heart breaks for the unborn. Will they make it to birth? Will they survive the birth process? Will they have a safe and loving home once they get here? Lord, increase my faith today, because even when I can't understand . . . my heart always trusts You. You are Jehovah, Elohim, El Shaddai . . . Almighty God, Our Creator . . .the I AM. Forgive me Lord, for my unbelief.

No comments: