Monday, March 26, 2007

A refreshing ocean breeze . . .

This weekend I had been given a wonderful gift of a trip to the coast with my friend. I love the coast because it holds many, many great memories from my life of fun times spent with my family and friends. But even more than that, to just sit and gaze upon the greatness of the ocean makes me even more in awe of God.

To try to imagine with my eyes the great expanse of the sea, my mind cannot fathom. I look and look, and soon I realize how small I really am, and how great and mighty is our God. To watch the waves break, I am reassured of His love. To look upon the sand is to stand in amazement that He knows the number of grains of sand. And to watch the sunrise, and the sunset, day after day, is to know that God is faithful; He never changes; He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. As I am caught in the moment of the greatness of God, how He is so mighty, yet knows every part of the smallest corner of my heart, I fall in love with Him all over again.

He knows me, really knows me. And, He loves me . . . more than I can even imagine.

And the same is true, not just for me, but all of us!

The God who made the vast expanse of the sea, and also knows the number of hairs on your head, longs for an intimate friendship with you! He sees you, He knows you, He made you, and best of all, HE LOVES YOU!

Do you hear Him today, calling your name . . . lovingly, over and over again.

Run to Him today, His arms are open wide, waiting for you . . . with a smile on His face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.