Wednesday, May 2, 2007

From hopeless to hope . . .

After reading the newspaper this morning, my heart was very sad. At first I was sick to my stomach, then my heart wanted to just weep. There was a story about a person I had known. As I stare at his face, I pictured him, not as an evil person, but I saw an innocent little boy. At some point in his life, he was a little boy. My heart goes out to his mother . . . Who I was looking at in this picture was not who God created him to be. And so I asked God, where is the hope? Will we just write him off as the bad person. I know he will be suffering the consequences of his actions, as he should. But he is still a person. Will we believe for Him? Will we believe for those like him? How about our own children?

For your word says in Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

So if you are the same today as yesterday, then I believe this for today - Matthew 4:23-24 "Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about Him spread all over Syria, and people brought to Him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and He healed them."

For every hopeless situation or person, today Lord, will you raise the banner of Hope in our hearts, to cry out for healing of every disease, sickness, pain, demon-possession, and illness! Forgive me for my unbelief Lord . . . I am full of hope today only because of You! On my own strength and my own mind, everything is hopeless. All hope lies in You and You alone. You are our Miracle Maker!

No comments: