Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful . . . by me

As I look around my life
I am so Thankful
Especially for the little things
And especially for the big

There is a sound
That rises in my heart
Everyday
That says thank you God
In words I cannot explain

For each day as I look around
And know I am more than blessed
To have a car, and a house
And a place to lay my head
Food to eat, clothes to wear

But my heart sound
Springs forth
In greater song
As I look past all the things I have
And see all the people smiling back at me

My husband
My children
My family
My friends
My neighbors
and even strangers too

My heart springs forth
with such gratitude
At each smile and tear
And voice and talk
And hug and kiss
And just the thought

It must be love
That makes my heart song sing
In ways that I cannot explain

But I know the King
Can hear my heart
I know He hears my song

For the loudest sound
In the song
Is when I think of His love . . .

So take away my bed, my car
My house, my food, and my clothes too
My heart would still sing its song
For I am so extremely blessed
To not only be loved
But to turn and give it away too

No comments: