Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Standing strong . . .

This morning as I awake, I am struck, blow by blow, over and over again, by every lie from that the pit of hell wants to throw at me and believe. As I felt myself get mad, then sad, then begin to bend over and lay down, as if defeated, I heard this, louder than anything -

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then . . ." Ephesians 6:13-14

And so, (after about 20 minutes) I JUMPED off the floor, and screamed NO WAY am I going to be knocked down today! I prayed the armor of God on me, and asked for forgiveness from God for opening my mind to the belief in any of the accusers lies, and declared that I am covered in the blood of the lamb.


If YOU are feeling bent over and knocked down today, know that true strength and true victory is only a prayer away. For the promise of our God is - "Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: 'Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; . . ." Revelations 12:10-11

If you know Jesus, YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER!

If you haven't met my very best friend Jesus yet, go here


Today I sing two songs. As I sing them, I sing them as a declaration over my life, my families life, and my home.

I'm Still Standing by Elton John

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah

Stronger by Delirious

We're getting stronger everyday

We're getting braver in every way
Hallelujah here we come.
We're getting stronger everyday
Push through the rains that fall our way
Hallelujah here we come.
We're much stronger when we're one
Hallelujah here we come.

Oh, I love You from the depths of my heart
And nothing here will tear us apart
Everything's beautiful with You
Everything's beautiful, when You invade my life
And I'm living just to say that 'I love You'.

We're getting closer everyday
Chasing the dreams that heaven gave
Hallelujah here we come
We're getting closer everyday
Into Your arms I'm here to stay
We're much stronger when we're one
Hallelujah here we come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lori,
Thanks for this post. What a great way to see you walk in victory-it is a real encouragement.

The Budz Family said...

I am glad you were encouraged, it has been my prayer to be an encouragement!